Monday, May 6, 2013

Safari Park Half Marathon!

I had such a fun time running the Safari Park Half. The morning started out with a 30min drive to Escondido to the North County Fair Mall. From there we ran to the park!! The run was so pretty we saw vineyards, animals, and since it was Cinco De Mayo, there was a man with Beer, Chips and Salsa! Around mile 6 there was a cute cow that you could take pictures with. I was too busy trying to catch up with the 2:20 pace.... I could not catch her so I stayed in front of the 2:30 pacers. Around mile six you hit a long and drawn out hill. The hill is located inside the Park, so you can't see it from the road then all of a sudden it hits you and your thighs!!! Tons of FUN..... NOT!!!!! Mile 13 ended inside the Park with a great crowd cheering us on!!! The half marathon was very challenging for me but fun at the same time. My official time was 2:28:49! Oh yeah I forgot to mention Karen and I wore out Animal Pants!!!



Just as we Crossed the Finish Line!




 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment