Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rosarito- Ensenada 50 Mile Bike Ride


50 Miles....... Yeah I wrote it right. This is the Annual bike ride from Rosarito to Ensenada Mexico. This was the weekend that everything went wrong and right all at the same time. Well first of  all I did not TRAIN for this trip to hell. Or Motto for this trip is "Real Women Do Not Train!!!" Well I now know for sure is that SMART WOMEN do train. I was in so much physical pain!!! My ASS was on FIRE!!!! And my spirits were as low as they could go.
"We" meaning Karen and I were one of the last people to cross the finish line. Sandra on the other hand was drinking beer and wine at the finish line with the help of the Sag Waggon.Lucky Girl..... Which will pick up at a certain point if you are not able to finish. I remember Karen looking at me dead in the eyes and saying "I can visualise the finish line". And I thought well if she can see it Then I can see it too. She was right we finished together:)I never realised to importance of support she was my support and I was hers also. There were times when I wanted to stop and I told her no lets just go a Little further. And together we finished:)



No comments:

Post a Comment