Monday, March 23, 2015

LA Marathon

The best part of race week was spending 4 days with my boyfriend. He had a surprise work trip to LA. So we took full advantage of our week together. We spent the week at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. We had lunch and sat on the patio and had beers. A great weekend of us just being together.
We went to Lights on LA, which was an event that took place all over La. Asics celebrated the 30th year of the LA Marathon by lightin up all 26 mile markers of the race. Kinda crazy to see how far 26.2 miles really is. We went up to the Griffith Obsovtory, and boy the views did not disappoint! Georgeous views of Los Angeles! 
After seeing Los Angeles at night we spent the day in Venice Beach! Home of muscle beach and all things crazy! Lunch beers, and of course the beautiful ocean! 
So I had a goal the beginning of the year to run in my sports bra! Why because my tummy and I have in the past have a love hate relationship. So it was a goal. And luckily I felt good enough to do it!! 
Even though I did not run in my sports bra I did feel good about my body. 
When Eric left on Saturday I headed off to the Marathon Expo! Oh boy full of runners goodies!! 
Every time I go to any expo I really feel proud, just for signing up and being apart of such a huge event! 
Took me forever to find my name!!! 
Hello Heat! Running this LA Marathon was really hard for me. I was officially hot as Hell it was 87degrees. May not seem that bad, but my body did not feel the same way. Mile 10 was rough to complete with out feeling over heated. So I decide to walk. And I ended up walking the rest of the race. I'm not one to mess with my body or to push myself when it comes to heat. 
Third Marathon Completed!!! What's Next?!?!?!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment